For Teachers and Coaches
Help set your students apart from everyone else by giving them the chance to participate in this year’s Avnet Tech Games.
First place team members will each win a scholarship, with each student receiving up to $1,000 in value.
Each faculty member submitting a team or teams that participate in the onsite competition on game day will receive a $200 honorarium. Faculty members will receive an additional $300 honorarium for each winning team they sponsor.
The Avnet Tech Games provides participating faculty members with the opportunity to:
- Integrate real-world experience within the current curriculum
- Showcase the knowledge students have gained in the classroom
- Gain recognition for successful teaching practices
- Win prizes for the school, equipment and software
Here's how the process works:
1) Start by creating a user account here at the ATG website.
2) Whether you're a student or a faculty coach, you can create one or more teams. Every game, virtual and onsite, is built around teams. Your team consists of the student competitors and, depending on the requirements of the specific game, a faculty member from your school serving as your coach.
3) The team's "owner" (which can be the faculty coach or a designated team member) signs the team up for each game. Teams, not individuals, register for games! Yes--this means you might be mentoring a "team of one" if a student signs up for a game that allows only one team member.
4) The Avnet Game Owner will keep your team up-to-date with the latest news about the game. If he or she needs to communicate with your team directly, you'll see a note appear on your team's homepage.
5) Team owners and/or coaches -- use your team's homepage to keep in contact with teammates. Everything posted to the team wall is emailed to all team members.
6) Users all get their own Dashboard. Use this to check in on your teams, your game registrations (both live and pending) and general ATG news.
As your Games come closer, expect to see more announcements from the Game Owners about important upcoming dates. Also, check the Calendar for upcoming deadlines related to your team(s).
Good luck and have fun!